A great Kouglof recipe
- 500 gr flour
- 100 gr of sugar
- 130 gr of butter at room temperature
- 20 gr of baker's yeast
- 25 cl of milk
- 2 eggs
- A handful of walnuts
- A pinch of salt
- Mix the yeast with lukewarm milk
- Mix the milk + yeast with the flour, sugar, eggs, salt
- Add the butter
- Continue kneading until the dough comes off the container.
- Butter and flour a Kouglof mold. Add the walnuts to the bottom.
- Let the dough rest in the pan for 2 hours, until it doubles in size and reaches the edges.
- Bake at 215 ° C (or 420 ° F). If the bottom begins to darken, place an aluminum foil and add 5 minutes of cooking
- Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before unmolding, and sprinkle with icing sugar.