I start with a classic french recipe: My mom Ratatouille
- 3 white onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 4 Italian tomatoes
- To start, brown the fresh garlic in olive oil over medium heat followed by the onions.
- Then add the diced peppers as well as the sliced courgettes. Add herbs from Provence and bay leaves.
- Reduce over low / medium heat for 30 minutes then add the tomatoes. If the tomatoes are too acidic, add a spoonful of sugar.
- Cook for another 40 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to your liking